The Graduate Student Organization of the University of Hawai`i Manoa campus created the Campus Greening program in order to move the campus towards more sustainable environmental practices. Funding for the greening initiative ended in September 2012, and no new applications are being accepted.
The GSO has funded 5 Campus Greening Initiatives:
For more information and a map of the projects, click here.
- Relocation, expansion and development of the SOFT (Student Organic Farm Training) farm plots
- Energy saving installations in Krauss Annex 19
- Sustainable garden located on the northern end of campus
- Water saving toilet handles in the Law School and Moore Hall
- Cycle Mānoa Enhancement and Expansion
- Campus Composting System